May Is Stroke Awareness Month
In 1987, The National Stroke Association initiated and received a presidential proclamation to annually celebrate National Stroke Awareness month in May of every year. The goal is to provide everyone with the tools and inspiration to raise public awareness about Stroke through events and activities.
Stroke Awareness Month is a great time to educate friends, family and community about Stroke. So, start thinking about how you can spread awareness. Here are some questions to get started:
- What can I do to raise Stroke awareness during May?
- How can I hold an awareness fundraiser during May?
- What can I do in my workplace?
- What can I do in my community?
- What can I do for my hospital’s Stroke team?
- What can I do to educate my fellow rehabilitation colleagues? What can I do for my Stroke support group?